Suffering hip or knee pain? Experiencing problems with mobility? Considering hip surgery or a knee replacement? If this sounds familiar, you have come to the right people. Our experienced consultants can help make life comfortable and easy again.
No matter how fit and healthy you are, hip and knee pain affect many of us as we get older. The discomfort can be debilitating, and it can even have an impact on your mobility and mood if it is not treated properly.
Luckily for everyone, medical knowledge and clinical procedures have improved a lot over recent years. Today, many thousands of people have successful treatment for hip pain and knee pain every year, and that includes hip replacements and knee replacements. Recovering from surgery is quicker than ever, and final outcomes are excellent too. Put simply, there has never been a better time to regain your independence and quality of life by saying goodbye to hip or knee pain.
What makes Oaklands Hospital so special?
There are plenty of reasons why Oaklands Hospital is a great choice for having your hip replacement or knee replacement performed. Perhaps the biggest reason of all is our people. Firstly, you will be assigned a friendly Personal Advisor with specific responsibility for making sure the treatment you get is the treatment you really need. It means you will get personalised care that is carefully tailored to you.
Our consultant orthopaedic surgeons are another key factor in patient satisfaction here. That is because every one of them has been chosen for their special mix of professional expertise and great people skills – just what you need for superb end results and real peace of mind. We take care of the little things too, so you will enjoy everyday comforts and hassle-free convenience right throughout your stay with us. It is all part of our commitment to achieving excellence in every aspect of our care.
- Fast and flexible appointments mean you can have your hip or knee replacement sooner, helping you quickly regain control of your life. We can also arrange appointments that suit your schedule, creating as little disruption as possible to your holidays, work and social commitments.
- We take an all-encompassing approach to your care, looking after you from your first consultation right through to surgery and post-operative aftercare.
- Our consultant orthopaedic surgeons are experts in hip pain, knee pain and joint replacement surgery, so your medical treatment will be second to none.
- We only use state-of-the-art technologies and techniques, and that includes our X-ray, ultrasound and MRI technologies.
- We put as much effort into aftercare services as we do into surgery, with specialist staff and excellent rehabilitation and physiotherapy facilities right here on site.
- Varied and healthy menus, free on-site parking, in-room extras and comfortable private bedrooms make your stay as pleasant as possible.
- We can help reduce your stress and bring forward your treatment date by offering interest-free finance packages.
Let us help you today
To find out if a hip or knee replacement will reduce your pain or improve your mobility, just email us to arrange a consultation: email@example.com
With such excellent staff and resources all on site, we can treat a wide variety of hip and knee complaints right here at Oaklands Hospital. From hip pain caused by an injury through to loss of mobility resulting from knee wear and tear, our leading clinicians and rehabilitation teams will soon have you back in good health.
Meet our consultants
At Oaklands Hospital we are very proud of our reputation, and our leading consultants orthopaedic surgeons are central to it. They will start by taking time getting to know you and your medical history properly, before providing a personalised surgical and care plan perfect for your unique situation and needs.
Total Care package
A comprehensive and great value way to get the care you need, our Total Care package is a simple fixed-price system offering unparalleled peace of mind. You can sign up for this package whether you need a hip replacement, a knee replacement, or a different joint procedure altogether.
This is the simplest way to cover all the care, products and medication you are likely to need. For extra reassurance we even include some services provided as many as 60 days after your discharge.
- Pre-operative assessment prior to admission
- Hospital accommodation and meals if required/appropriate
- All of your nursing care
- In-patient diagnostic services e.g. MRI, CT and X-ray
- Consultants’ fees during your stay at Oaklands Hospital
- Sixty days of outpatient care from the time of your discharge from hospital
This package provides extra reassurance by covering your costs once you have left Oaklands Hospital.
- A face-to-face follow-up consultation with your consultant
- One post-operative X-ray
- Up to ten days’ worth of medications to take home, as prescribed by your consultant
How to get referred
If your GP recommends seeing a consultant, you can ask to be referred to Oaklands Hospital. They will write a referral letter which will detail the care you need.
You can also refer yourself through your consultant who may choose to get in touch with your GP for further information.
Contact your insurance company and speak to your GP to inform them that you will be using your private medical insurance.